Home | About Us | Contact Us | Site Map |
Mountain View Electric Association, Inc.

Frequently Asked Questions


Can I bring used Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) to your Falcon Office? If not, how do I dispose of them?



Yes, MVEA has disposal containers available at both the Falcon and Limon offices. Another alternative is El Paso County Environmental Services, 3255 Akers Drive, Colorado Springs.  For a list of other recycle centers in your area go online to Earth911.org.

MVEA highly recommends using a qualified recycling facility for disposal of CFL’s but, if you choose to place them in with normal garbage you should seal them in a plastic bag first and do not incinerate. If you use a waste agency, make sure they do not use incineration methods for disposal.    

More Questions
View By Category Search FAQs
Back To FAQ Home


If you cannot find your question on this list, click here to ask it directly.